Communications and Campaigns
Tools and Training
- HAGA Action on Alcohol's Don't Bottle It Up campaign
Don't Bottle It Up is a web portal created by HAGA, the specialist alcohol action charity. Don't Bottle It Up allows people to assess how risky their drinking is, access personalised advice online and find face-to-face support in their local area.
- Lords Committee on Licensing Act 2003 seeks your views
A House of Lords Committee set up to conduct scrutiny of the Licensing Act 2003 has published its call for evidence today, and invites all interested parties to submit written evidence by 2 September 2016.
- Seventh European Society for Prevention Research (EUSPR)'s annual conference is from 31 October-2nd November
The conference will be held in Berlin, Germany from October 31st - November 2nd 2016. The main theme is "Sustainable Prevention in a Changing World" and will include keynote presentations on developing and understanding sustainable prevention systems, prevention responses to the health and social needs of populations in transition, and rapidly emerging health challenges.
- An evaluation of the Drink Less Enjoy More intervention - Liverpool
Previous studies have suggested that multi-component community based interventions can have a significant effect on reducing the over service of alcohol to drunk people and subsequent alcohol-related harms in nightlife settings. The Drink Less Enjoy More intervention implemented in Liverpool City Centre is one of the first of its kind in England, aiming to address the over service of alcohol to drunks following this evidenced based multi-component approach.
- Soberistas.com: an independent peer support website aimed at women with problematic drinking behaviours
Soberistas.com is an independent peer support website aimed at women with problematic drinking behaviours. It was launched in 2012 by Lucy Rocca, who quit alcohol in 2011 after 22 years of routinely drinking more than she intended and consequently dealing with all the shame and self-loathing that go along with alcohol misuse.
- British Heart Foundation have published 'Health at work guide to alcohol'
This guide published by the British Heart Foundation promotes alcohol awareness in the workplace is the 6th booklet in our Health at Work toolkit.
Most Popular Content
- Fast Alcohol Screening Test (FAST)
- AUDIT - Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test
- Severity of Alcohol Dependence Questionnaire (SADQ)
- AUDIT - C
- AUDIT in different languages
- Identification and Brief Advice Tool 2016 (revised, April 2016)
- Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test - AUDIT (standard and extended versions)
- IBA Role Play Videos
- Parental substance misuse elearning
- The Short Alcohol and Alcohol Problems Perception Questionnaire (SAAPPQ)