Communications and Campaigns
Tools and Training
- Dame Sally Davies and fellow UK Chief Medical Officers have published new guidelines for alcohol consumption
Dame Sally Davies and fellow Uk Chief Medical Officers have published new guidelines for alcohol consumption today and warn that drinking any level of alcohol raises the risk of a range of cancers. Also published today is a review by the Committee on Carcinogenicity on alcohol and cancer risk.
- Blue Light Training (working with change resistant drinkers) on Monday 25 January 2016, Central London - early bird tickets available!
Drawing on motivational and harm-reduction approaches, this training is aimed at specialist and non-specialist substance misuse workers.
- Working with Street drinkers - Alcohol Concern would like to hear from you about any good or promising practice from across the country
Alcohol Concern is working with a group of the Police and Crime Commissioners to develop national guidance on working with street drinkers. They are very interested in hearing any good or promising practice from across the country. Even learning about things that didn't work would be useful!
- Briefing paper on alcohol brief intervention: where next for IBA
A new briefing paper has been published (on 16 November 2015) by the Alcohol Academy, supported by Alcohol Research UK, warns that unless decisive and coordinated action is taken, the effectiveness of the UK's current approach to alcohol brief interventions will wane, hampering the programme's ability to deliver important benefits to those at risk from harmful levels of drinking.
- European Conference: Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Disorders
This is a 3 day conference followed by a one day symposium for all all professional and others associated with FASD.
- New Blue Light initiative - Supporting family members to respond to change resistant drinkers
Adfam and Alcohol Concern invite you to be part of an exciting new joint project, and a follow up to last year's Blue Light project which targeted change resistant drinkers.
Most Popular Content
- Fast Alcohol Screening Test (FAST)
- AUDIT - Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test
- Severity of Alcohol Dependence Questionnaire (SADQ)
- AUDIT - C
- Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test - AUDIT (standard and extended versions)
- Paddington Alcohol Test PAT 2011
- Parental substance misuse elearning
- IBA Role Play Videos
- AUDIT in different languages
- AUDIT - PC