Communications and Campaigns
Tools and Training
- New date for the RCGP Certificate in the Management of Alcohol Problems in Primary Care to take place in Newcastle on 17 November 2014
The RCGP Certificate in the Management of Alcohol Problems in Primary Care Level 1 is an RCGP Accredited Course targeted at GPs and other Healthcare Professionals in Primary Care.
- Launch of AlcoholHealthLink website
AlcoholHealthLink has been launched which is the UK Health Forum's new online community of practice for anyone working in alcohol harm reduction.
- One-off data collection aiming to establish the extent of information sharing between A&Es and Community Safety Partnerships
The Government is carrying out a one-off data collection which aims to establish the extent of information sharing between A&Es and Community Safety Partnerships. The relevant A&E staff in each NHS Trust should complete the online questionnaire (see link). The questionnaire needs to be sent back by Friday 29th August (the deadline has recently been extended).
- Portsmouth City Council and partners recognised for alcohol work
Portsmouth City Council was a highly commended runner-up in the Municipal Journal awards 2014, Delivering Better Outcomes category, on 19 June 2014.
- Solent NHS Trust's Alcohol Day Detoxification Service wins the Nursing Standard first annual award for Public Health Nursing
- The Alcohol Care Team at the Royal Bolton Hospital has been shortlisted for a national award for its work with patients
The alcohol care team is one of three finalists that will compete in the SAGE gastroenterology awards, which are judged by senior doctors and chaired by Dr Tom Smith (Chief Executive of the British Society of Gastroenterology).
Most Popular Content
- AUDIT - C
- Fast Alcohol Screening Test (FAST)
- AUDIT - Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test
- Severity of Alcohol Dependence Questionnaire (SADQ)
- ED Datasharing Case Studies
- IBA Role Play Videos
- Identification and Brief Advice Tool 2010
- Paddington Alcohol Test PAT 2011
- Contributions of Alcohol Use to Teenage Pregnancy -An initial examination of geographical and evidence based associations
- Parental substance misuse elearning