Communications and Campaigns
Tools and Training
- Local and National Alcohol Policy: how do they interact?
This is a report on a seminar held in May 2014 within a series on Health History and Policy funded by the Wellcome Trust.
- Young people's A&E alcohol pathways document has been published
Young People's A&E alcohol pathways document was published on 10 December 2014. Guidance to improve support for young people attending A&E with alcohol related problems has been published by Public Health England. It is aimed at A&E clinicians, hospital managers, substance misuse and young people's commissioners and includes a set of key questions or prompts for professionals to help them develop care pathways within A&E or to improve existing service.
- 'Alcohol care in England's hospitals: An opportunity not to be wasted' has been published
The report 'Alcohol care in England's hospitals: An opportunity not to be wasted' was published by Public Health England on 14 November 2014. This report is for local authority and NHS commissioners practitioners in hospital alcohol services and those in associated community services. The document summarises the available evidence for the contribution of specialist alcohol services for the patients in secondary care. It takes in recommendations from a range of advisers over the last decade and, based on recent surveys, explores the interventions that these services might provide and describes what is understood about current service provision.
- The report 'Alcohol, Domestic Abuse and Sexual Assault' has been published by the Institute of Alcohol Studies
The Institute of Alcohol Studies published a report on 17 September 2014 outlining the evidence linking alcohol with domestic abuse, violence and sexual assault.
- Alcohol Treatment Statistics 2013-2014 have been published
The annual alcohol treatment statistics were published by Public Health England on 29 October 2014.
- Public Health England has published its 7 priorities, including reducing harmful drinking, for the next 5 years
Public Health England has published their 7 priorities for the next 5 years, having looked closely at the evidence to determine where they can most effectively focus their efforts. 'From evidence into action: opportunities to protect and improve the nation's health' was published on 23 October 2014.
Most Popular Content
- AUDIT - C
- Fast Alcohol Screening Test (FAST)
- AUDIT - Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test
- Severity of Alcohol Dependence Questionnaire (SADQ)
- Paddington Alcohol Test PAT 2011
- ED Datasharing Case Studies
- IBA Role Play Videos
- Parental substance misuse elearning
- Ready Reckoner v5.2 and Instructions
- AUDIT in different languages