Communications and Campaigns
Tools and Training
- 'Public Health and the licensing act 2003- guidance note on effective participation by public health teams' has now been published
We are pleased to announce the publication of Public Health England's 'Public health and the Licensing Act 2003 - guidance note on effective participation by public health teams' was published on 14 October.
- AlcoChange - a behavioural platform that aims to help people to drink sensibly
AlcoChangeQS is a clinically validated patent pending behavioural platform that aims to help people drink sensibly.
- Joint Strategic Needs Asssessment Support pack 2015/16 and 'Why Invest?' slide pack
As part of their public health remit, local authorities are responsible for commissioning alcohol interventions and services. This joint strategic needs assessment (JSNA) support pack - updated annually and in its third year - will help local areas to develop JSNAs and local joint health and wellbeing strategies which effectively address public health issues relating to alcohol.
- Alcohol Concern's Annual Conference on 19 November 2014
Alcohol Concern's Annual Conference, 'Facing our Alcohol Problem- Taking Back our Health and High Streets' will give delegates the chance to hear from leading experts on a broad range of topics including CCG commissioning, alcohol advertising, older people and veterans, advocacy and behaviour change. The conference gives people the opportunity to engage with and explore the key alcohol issues during Alcohol Awareness Week.It will be taking place in Glaziers Hall, London on Thursday 19 November.
- Substance Misuse Management in General Practice (SMMGP) Conference: 'Treating alcohol and drug problems in Primary Care - you know it makes sense' on 23 October 2014
Primary care based treatment for problematic drug and alcohol use is critical if we are to achieve real outcomes for individuals. Substance Misuse Management in General Practice (SMMGP) are committed to support the health, wellbeing and recovery of people in treatment for problematic drug and/or alcohol use in primary care and are hosting their national conference in Macdonald Burlington Hotel in Birmingham on 23 October 2014.Cost: £180.00 inc. VAT per delegateCost: £300.00 inc. VAT for two delegates from the same organisation
- New date for the RCGP Certificate in the Management of Alcohol Problems in Primary Care to take place in Newcastle on 17 November 2014
The RCGP Certificate in the Management of Alcohol Problems in Primary Care Level 1 is an RCGP Accredited Course targeted at GPs and other Healthcare Professionals in Primary Care.
Most Popular Content
- Fast Alcohol Screening Test (FAST)
- AUDIT - C
- AUDIT - Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test
- Severity of Alcohol Dependence Questionnaire (SADQ)
- Paddington Alcohol Test PAT 2011
- AUDIT - PC
- AUDIT in different languages
- IBA Role Play Videos
- Contributions of Alcohol Use to Teenage Pregnancy -An initial examination of geographical and evidence based associations
- ED Datasharing Case Studies