Communications and Campaigns
Tools and Training
- Alcohol Concern's Annual Conference on 19 November 2014
Alcohol Concern's Annual Conference, 'Facing our Alcohol Problem- Taking Back our Health and High Streets' will give delegates the chance to hear from leading experts on a broad range of topics including CCG commissioning, alcohol advertising, older people and veterans, advocacy and behaviour change. The conference gives people the opportunity to engage with and explore the key alcohol issues during Alcohol Awareness Week.It will be taking place in Glaziers Hall, London on Thursday 19 November.
- Substance Misuse Management in General Practice (SMMGP) Conference: 'Treating alcohol and drug problems in Primary Care - you know it makes sense' on 23 October 2014
Primary care based treatment for problematic drug and alcohol use is critical if we are to achieve real outcomes for individuals. Substance Misuse Management in General Practice (SMMGP) are committed to support the health, wellbeing and recovery of people in treatment for problematic drug and/or alcohol use in primary care and are hosting their national conference in Macdonald Burlington Hotel in Birmingham on 23 October 2014.Cost: £180.00 inc. VAT per delegateCost: £300.00 inc. VAT for two delegates from the same organisation
- New date for the RCGP Certificate in the Management of Alcohol Problems in Primary Care to take place in Newcastle on 17 November 2014
The RCGP Certificate in the Management of Alcohol Problems in Primary Care Level 1 is an RCGP Accredited Course targeted at GPs and other Healthcare Professionals in Primary Care.
- Launch of AlcoholHealthLink website
AlcoholHealthLink has been launched which is the UK Health Forum's new online community of practice for anyone working in alcohol harm reduction.
- One-off data collection aiming to establish the extent of information sharing between A&Es and Community Safety Partnerships
The Government is carrying out a one-off data collection which aims to establish the extent of information sharing between A&Es and Community Safety Partnerships. The relevant A&E staff in each NHS Trust should complete the online questionnaire (see link). The questionnaire needs to be sent back by Friday 29th August (the deadline has recently been extended).
- Portsmouth City Council and partners recognised for alcohol work
Portsmouth City Council was a highly commended runner-up in the Municipal Journal awards 2014, Delivering Better Outcomes category, on 19 June 2014.
Most Popular Content
- AUDIT in different languages
- The Short Alcohol and Alcohol Problems Perception Questionnaire (SAAPPQ)
- Alcohol prevention programmes literature review by Joseph Rowntree Foundation
- Clarifying Brief Interventions
- Alcohol-attributable fractions for England (Alcohol-attributable mortality and hospital admissions)
- Patient Information Leaflet (PIL)
- Know Your Limits Polish and Lithuanian
- Identification And Brief Advice Tools and Techniques