Communications and Campaigns
Tools and Training
- Joint Strategic Needs Assessment (JSNA) support products have now been published
PHE has published the latest alcohol, drugs and tobacco joint strategic needs assessment (JSNA) resource pack to help local areas develop joint strategic needs assessments and local joint health and wellbeing strategies that effectively address public health issues relating to alcohol, drug and tobacco use.
- 'Under Pressure: Tackling two of the most common preventable health harms in the UK: high blood pressure and excessive alcohol consumption
This report sets out a series of recommendations to improve the management of hazardous, harmful and dependent drinking, especially in people with, or at risk of developing hypertension.
- An example minimum dataset for specialist alcohol services in hospital settings has been developed
PHE has developed an example minimum dataset for specialist alcohol services in hospital settings to monitor activity, improve services and demonstrate value to commissioners. The dataset was a recommendation of PHE's 2014 report Alcohol care in England's hospitals: An Opportunity not to be wasted. As that report shows, there is evidence that, by saving bed days and liberating hospital beds alcohol care teams can deliver £3.85 for every £1 invested, but many services currently don't collect the necessary data to best demonstrate their impact.
- Public Health England Annual Conference on 15th-16th September 2015
The annual Public Health England conference is taking place on Tuesday 15 and Wednesday 16 September at Warwick University. The conference will bring together representatives from across the health and social care system, to share knowledge and learn from each other.
- New advice on high-strength alcohol schemes
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) issued new advice to retailers about competition law and high-strength alcohol schemes on 25 March 2015.
- 'Alcohol and other drug use: The roles and Capabilities of Social Workers' was published on 23rd March 2015
The first ever national document to outline how social workers should respond when working with someone with alcohol and drugs problems has been launched.
Most Popular Content
- AUDIT - Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test
- AUDIT - C
- Fast Alcohol Screening Test (FAST)
- Severity of Alcohol Dependence Questionnaire (SADQ)
- AUDIT in different languages
- Paddington Alcohol Test PAT 2011
- IBA Role Play Videos
- ED Datasharing Case Studies
- Models of Care for Alcohol Misusers (MoCAM)
- AUDIT - PC