Communications and Campaigns
Tools and Training
- Public Health England Annual Conference on 15th-16th September 2015
The annual Public Health England conference is taking place on Tuesday 15 and Wednesday 16 September at Warwick University. The conference will bring together representatives from across the health and social care system, to share knowledge and learn from each other.
- New advice on high-strength alcohol schemes
The Competition and Markets Authority (CMA) issued new advice to retailers about competition law and high-strength alcohol schemes on 25 March 2015.
- 'Alcohol and other drug use: The roles and Capabilities of Social Workers' was published on 23rd March 2015
The first ever national document to outline how social workers should respond when working with someone with alcohol and drugs problems has been launched.
- Drinking for two? Alcohol and Pregnancy conference
Few topics in the fields of alcohol policy and practice give rise to more debate than drinking during pregnancy. How much is it safe to drink? What exactly are the risks to foetus? What's the best way to discuss drinking with parents who may already feel overburdened with advice?All of these questions and more will be under the microscope at Alcohol Concern Cymru's 2015 conference in Cardiff.
- A new report on the alcohol harm paradox
Policy makers, health and social care professionals, and researchers have long been interested and concerned about the apparent relationship between health and socioeconomic status (SES). Previous research has shown a gradient in the risks of ill health by SES such that those with low personal or neighbourhood SES are much more likely to die or suffer from a range of diseases, including those related to alcohol (e.g. Makela et al., 1999). For example, males and females in the most socioeconomically deprived neighbourhoods of the UK have been estimated to be two to three times as likely to die from an alcohol-related condition than their counterparts living in the least deprived (Deacon et al., 2011). However, analysis of alcohol use behaviours suggests that there is little difference in consumption between these types of areas.
- European Alcohol Conference is taking place on 24 April
'Comparing and contrasting practice across Europe:' This is an opportunity to set your work and understanding in the context of developments and learning from across Europe. We will be examining the latest research and looking at practice and developments in national and urban settings that will provide inspiration and practical suggestions for how to improve our relationship with alcohol.
Most Popular Content
- Fast Alcohol Screening Test (FAST)
- AUDIT - C
- AUDIT - Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test
- Severity of Alcohol Dependence Questionnaire (SADQ)
- Paddington Alcohol Test PAT 2011
- IBA Role Play Videos
- Parental substance misuse elearning
- Alcohol Use Disorders Identification Test - AUDIT (standard and extended versions)
- ED Datasharing Case Studies
- Big Drink Debate North West